Saturday, March 8, 2014

China Glaze swatch & review

Here are pics of my swatches of China Glaze At Vase Value and Don't Be a Flake.

I used 3 coats for full coverage with the light mint creme from the Spring City Flourish collection. The formula was a bit difficult to work with, as there was a lot of streakiness, however, it did seem to level out.

After I applied that, I wanted to create a single glitter sandwich on my ring finger with China Glaze Surprise glitter called Don't Be a Flake.This glitter is packed with copper, light blue and black hex glitters in a clear base. Application was a breeze as I applied 3 strokes of glitter down the middle and each side of the nail.So one coat really.Very nice coverage since I don't believe it's meant to be a full coverage glitter.I love this type of glitter polish because it makes a great glitter sandwich.

The only thing I would have to add with regards to the glitters in the Surprise collection, is that I wish these had been milky-based glitters.I would love to see a whole collection of milky glitters from China Glaze.

(Polish provided for review purposes. )

Thanks for reading.