Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Go Pink for October!

Hello ladies and welcome to another edition of Go Pink for October!

Here is some information that I would like to share with my readers about breast cancer.

1) Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death in women,topped only by lung cancer.

2) When breast cancer is detected early, there is a 98% survival rate.

3) Early detection includes monthly breast self-exams, scheduling regular clinical breast exams with your doctor,and having mammograms.

4) Early warning signs of breast cancer may include the discovery of a new lump or a change in the breast tissue or skin.

Six years ago, while I was taking a bath, I discovered a lump on the underside of my left breast. Needless to say, my husband and I were a bit frightened.

The good news is that I went directly to my doctor, had myself examined,and had a mammogram.

More good news.Thanks be to God, it was just a scare.

I now have regular check-ups with my doctor,and go for a mammogram regularly too.


And now for the manicure I want to share with you today:


this is one of my favorite pink metallics from the China Glaze Romantique collection,and it is called Emotion.

To spiff it up a bit,I added an accent nail with Nails Inc. Topping Lane.

Macro shot of Topping Lane



I hope you enjoyed this post today.

Thank you for reading.



For more information about breast cancer please visit the American Cancer Society