Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Glitzology Beauty Indie Swatches and Review!

Hello again,ladies!

My name is Thalie,and I am a glitta-holic :-)

Last week I had the extreme pleasure of connecting with Stacy Boyd, the owner of GlitzologyBeauty, a new Indie nail polish company. Stacy recently opened her shop on Etsy, and proudly sent me a few of her concoctions for review. I also received a sample of some cuticle balm.

I did use the cuticle balm once. It smells so nice. I was told that it is cupcake-scented, however, I could only smell butter or butterscotch? Well,anyhoo, it smells really nice,and it is a great way to keep your cuticles softened thru the dry winter months!

As you can see,from the photo above,everything arrived to me, safely bubble-wrapped and taped tightly. Everything arrived intact.Shipping was super quick!

First,let's take a gander at the bottle shots:

Bad Things
A polish inspired by the HBO TV show "True Blood"

Sock Monkey
A polish inspired by the homemade sock monkey dolls.



Neapolitan
A polish inspired by  Neapolitan ice cream!



Spook-tacular
This one screams Halloween!

Okay,so on to the swatches!

First up I have:

SPOOK-TACULAR!

Stacy suggests you layer this one over a neon orange base. I applied three layers so you could see the true base color.
Spook-tacular is an orange jelly base jam packed with matte black and white glitters in different sizes,including hex,bars,and squares.

The application here shows three carefully applied coats. I say carefully,because when it comes to glitters like this one, I find it best to lay the brush down on the nail,let it sit for a couple of seconds,allowing the glitters to adhere to the nail,then finish the first coat,let dry,and move on to the second and third. By the third coat,all I had to do was dabble a few glitters over bald spots,as each layer added more glitter.

This swatch does not really do the polish justice,IRL, it looks pretty darn cool on the nail!


Next up for review is:

Neapolitan!

I too have an insane love for sweets,especially chocolate,and ice cream. I  chose to layer three coats of   Neapolitan over  two coats of  OPI Don't Touch My Tutu.

Neapolitan consists of dark rose,pink,brown,and white glitters,along with brown and pink glitter hexes, and white matte hexes and bars in a clear base.

Neapolitan was a bit difficult to apply. The formula was goopy and thick, however, this is common with indie polishes, so if you take a liking to this one, I would suggest adding a bit of thinner.



Our third polish in this group is:
Sock Monkey!

I am so in love with this polish! When I saw it on the website, I thought it looked interesting,but I didn't expect for it to be love at first sight on my nail!
 If I could wear it every day for the rest of my life,I would!
Here,I am wearing two coats. Sock Monkey is a mixture of  brown glitters and hexes, tan hexes,white satin hexes,and red hexes and squares, and a little bit of golden mica for shimmer.

The application on Sock Monkey was very easy. It glided onto my nail in two easy coats,and I had no problems at all with the formula.



Last in our review of Glitzology is Bad Things.

Bad Things features a very deep burgundy/red jelly base, with silver holographic glitter and squares,black matte glitter,and red hearts,hexes,and shreds.

Pretty 


I am wearing three coats for opaque coverage. Bad Things was also easy to apply. It built up to opacity in three easy coats of gorgeous red jelly goodness!

 I honestly am not sure what attracted me to this polish. I knew that I love a good red/burgundy jelly. I also love tinted jellies with glitter in them. I have seen the show "True Blood" maybe once or twice. So from some of the gory scenes of that show,I would say this polish is a very good artistic impression of 'Bad Things" In my opinion it's also a great impression of some of the colorful characters portrayed in that show.


So what do you ladies think of the latest addition to the Indie polish lineup?

These are just four of Stacy's beautiful creations.
GlitzologyBeauty polishes are 3-Free,and Stacy does ship them to the US,Canada,and Worldwide.

In addition Stacy recently announced on Facebook that all full-size polishes are only $5 a bottle. This sale will last until Thurday at noon,so ladies hurry over and order at  GlitzologyBeauty on Etsy

You can also like Glitzology on Facebook



Polish in this post was kindly provided to me free of charge for my honest review. All opinions are my own.Please see my disclosure tab for more information.