Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Jelly-tastic Week with Zoya Katherine!

Well, hello there readers!

I am super excited to finally be bringing you my favorite portion of the new Zoya Fall collection.That is the Gloss collection which consists of three gloss or jelly finish polishes.

Today I will be presenting you with Katherine,the gloss originally created for Zoya by Peter Som.Katherine was part of the Limited Edition Color Box released during NYFW.

Now onto the swatches!

Zoya Katherine is a sheer dark red-toned aubergine with a buildable jelly gloss finish. Here it is pictured with four coats,which is what it took for full coverage for me. As you can see it went on with quite alot of brush strokes so it does appear streaky,however, IRL, it really is not noticeable. The camera and lighting shows alot more in this photo than I would like. Like visible nail line. Anyway,I don't really mind it,as these glosses,like Katherine,can be used in a variety of different ways,like layering over other polishes to create a different color as I've done below with Frida over FeiFei.


Pictured here is my FeiFei manicure accented with a coat of Zoya Gloss in Frida on my ring finger.

Another way that Katherine can be layered is over glitter,or "sandwiched". I will also feature a jelly/glitter sandwich with Katherine in an upcoming post.That is what is so exciting about the Gloss collection from Zoya! I love me some jelly sammiches ;-) 



Here is a better shot of Katherine in the sunlight. 



And here is Katherine in the shade.

So to summarize the Gloss collection is nice for layering.On the downside if you are looking to wear it alone,I don't recommend it.This finish takes about the same amount of dry time as the cremes,which is normal for Zoya polishes.That being said, with the gloss finish, I found I had to wait for each layer to dry before applying the next layer.If you need four coats for opacity,this can become time-consuming.  They are really meant to complement other nail polishes,like Daul for instance.

Other than that I am really excited about the gloss collection from Zoya. If you are reading this,Zoya, please make more of them,in a rainbow of colors! I would love to see a set of six at least,in every color of the spectrum,red,orange,yellow,green,blue,indigo,and violet. Okay that was seven,but you get my meaning!




What Does My Name Mean? Katherine, The Meaning of Names

What does the name “Katherine” mean? A name is much more than just a name!
K is for keen, your sense of honesty.
A is for accepting, your forgiving nature.
T is for teacher, you truly are.
H is for hug, give one today!
E is for extra, those little things you do!
R is for rational, the way you think.
I is for inspire, others seek your guidance.
N is for noble, your regal bearing.
E is for enjoy, your life can be fun!
The name “Katherine” is of Greek origin and it means “Pure”. It’s a name commonly given to girls.
According to the 1988 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the name “Katherine” ranks #34 in popularity as a baby girl’s name in Nevada. Imagine that, 36 babies in Nevada have the same name as you in 1988. Across the entire United States a total of 11,183 babies also bear the same first name during the same year. From 1880 to 2011, the highest recorded use of the name “Katherine” was in 1990 with a total of 11,617 babies. (That’s a lot of baby Katherine)
OMG! It's tough being a popular person isn’t it?
Since 1880, your name was recorded 615,756 times in the American baby names history. Do you want to know how popular is the name Katherine?’

Your name in reverse order is “Enirehtak”. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give ‘Tneriahek’. (How do you pronounce that?)


Source: The Meaning of Names



Stay lacquered,my friends! ;-)




(Poliah featured in this post was provided by Zoya for review.Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)