Saturday, September 8, 2012

crackle-ized

What you do when you're in a hurry and you have two different colors on your hands,you just got done swatching,and as my husband says,"Your fingers don't match." As I was in a hurry to get ready,I slapped a coat of China Glaze Crushed Candy over my recent swatch of Zoya Frida,and woila! Instantly fashionable to go wherever,or most wherevers.

I know alot of you are incredibly over the crackle. As a collector,I can't be over it yet,because this is actually the first time I have had a chance to use Crushed Candy. Let me explain.

We polish addicts, are collectors. When a new collection of polishes makes its debut, we like to scoop up the entire collection,even if it sits in our untried bin for months (or over a year in this case.) No need to worry.Polish doesn't expire,as some marketing tactics would have you believe.If your polish should thicken a bit,that doesn't mean it's all over. In this case I like to take my preferred Seche Restore, put a couple of drops in the thickened polish,let it sit for overnight,and there ya go! It's "restored",back to it's original viscosity.

I did find that after sitting for many moons,my 1st edition China Glaze Crackle cremes,had thickened somewhat. One so badly it needed more than just a few drops of Restore.

And on to the mani...says myself  to the rambling heathen within...

So with this all I did was apply one coat of China Glaze Crushed Candy which is a light teal creme.The minute I applied it there were those first few seconds where the polish does absolutely nothing but sit on your nail.That's when I'm thinking "is it going to crack or not?" Big sigh of relief! Whew! So one coat,then a coat of Gelous to smooth it out,although if I had more time,I think an extra coat of Gelous would have been in order.

And here it is in the shade. The first photo in sunlight.

And my final shot from my lightbox.

Now what do you think? Of the photos,I mean. I have had a preference for showing my polishes in sunlight and shade.I also like this shot in the lightbox. I actually didn't used to like shooting in the lightbox,because I didn't like the way the photos were coming out. Then about a week ago,my husband said to put the lamps in a different place. I did,and there you go.I am more happy with the lightbox photos! Good,because when we get to rainy season,I will need some decent lighting.


Well, thanks for putting up with my ramble for today.



Stay Lacquered,my friends ;-)