Monday, August 27, 2012

Zoya Designer swatch Evvie!

Hello dear readers.

Today I have a swatch of Zoya's Designer shade in Evvie.

Evvie was one of the collector's box nail colors from Peter Som,for NYFW 2012.



                                                                       Outdoors

                                                                          Sunlight
                                                                   
 Evvie is described as a smoky,eucalyptus creme.

 I have to say,I did have some trouble with the application on Evvie. This is actually my second attempt at swatching her. The first time was disastrous. I had alot of gloopiness,and brush strokes. Then I realized,what with me not being so accustomed to wearing cremes,that I needed to apply very thin coats,and wait for each coat to dry. I know "duh".

 Anyway, with this second application I was fairly pleased with the way it turned out. I wound up applying two coats for full coverage and the dry time was a little longer than I wanted. However,I do like the shade. I am not sure if it complements my skin tone at all,though.


Evvie is short for Evelyn.

What Does My Name Mean? Evelyn, The Meaning of Names

What does the name “Evelyn” mean? A name is much more than just a name!
E is for expressive, not one to hold within.
V is for volunteer, your giving side.
E is for endear, all those you touch.
L is for lively, your life is full of energy!
Y is for young, the years never show!
N is for nice, need I say more?
The name “Evelyn” is of English origin and it means “Beautiful Bird”. It’s a name commonly given to both boys and girls. There are 3 other names that are similar to this one.
According to the 1932 U.S. Social Security Administration data, the name “Evelyn” ranks #29 in popularity as a baby girl’s name in Washington. Imagine that, 72 babies in Washington have the same name as you in 1932. Across the entire United States a total of 8,003 babies also bear the same first name during the same year. From 1880 to 2011, the highest recorded use of the name “Evelyn” was in 1921 with a total of 14,280 babies. (That’s a lot of baby Evelyn)
OMG! It's tough being a popular person isn’t it?
Since 1880, your name was recorded 511,143 times in the American baby names history. Do you want to know how popular is the name Evelyn?’

Your name in reverse order is “Nyleve”. A random rearrangement of the letters in your name (anagram) will give ‘Elenyv’. (How do you pronounce that?)


Source: The Meaning of Names


So what do you think of Evvie? Is this a green you would wear? 





(Polish in this post was provided by Zoya for review.Please see my disclosure policy for more information.)