Monday, May 28, 2012

When Harry met Sally

This is my hair. It was this color when I was four.I dye it now,because as I got older it became much darker. The curls are natural.My hair is coarse and thick. I believed in my teens that I had to have straight hair,so I went to a salon periodically and had it straightened.

I've made my peace with my curly,frizzy,coarse, unmanageable hair.I consider it to be one of the beautiful blessings that I've been given. I believe that genetics has alot to do with what you come out of the womb with. This hair is one of those things. My mother's great,great grandmother was a Lakota Sioux Indian. I am fairly sure that is where the coarseness and thickness comes from. If you had seen my mother when she was alive, you would see the same hair you see here,but it would have been totally gray.

this is a photo of me trying to capture the gray swatch I have at my right temple area. I have had this gray swatch for some years now. I do have my hair colored when I can,and everytime I have someone do it, the gray cannot take the color,or at least that is what I am told. That swatch of hair,never turns the same as the rest of my hair.