Sunday, May 6, 2012

Bailamos

 I was going to post this yesterday,as it seemed like the perfect polish to feature for Cinco de Mayo, which is a day of celebration for both Mexicans and Americans. It is the holiday which commemorates the Battle of Puebla which took place on May 5th of 1862. A common misconception is that Cinco de Mayo is Mexican Independence Day. Mexican Independence Day is actually September 16,1810.

I started out with two coats of Bailamos, which looks alot like a creme,but is a turquoise blue with teal shimmer.Orly Bailamos, is one of the polishes I received from Sam at The Polished Medic .It is also one of the polishes from the Orly Viva Collection of Spring 2010.

 I would not normally buy a polish like this,because I wouldn't expect it to look good with my skin tone.However,I was happily surprised. I wanted to Konad it,but after several attempts with my Bundle Monster plates,I wasn't getting a good transfer of the images I wanted.


And a bonus,because I like sharing music and other trivia,with you, below is a video of Enrique Iglesias singing his 1999 hit song, "Bailamos" .