Friday, February 24, 2012

Weekly Update for Ask Cosmetics and my bare naked nails!

hello dear readers,and a Happy Friday to you all!
Well here we are, I took these follow up photos yesterday,but waited until today to upload them.And I have a bonus photo of one of my thumbs from Dec 11th,2011,which will show you pretty clearly the damage it suffered,and also in this post you will see how far along that thumbnail has come,as I actually was able to get photos of my thumbs included in this post.Yay!


My poor left-handed thumb,pictured on Dec 11th,a pic that I had uploaded to twitter,while I was chatting with some of my twitter buddies,about taking Collagen for the nails.There had been a special of B1G1 free at CVS of Collagen for Hair,Nails,and Bones,so I took advantage of it.

And here you see my thumb today.I attribute all the healing to this nail to the T.I.P.S nail conditioner,and of course to my body's own natural defense mechanisms. The collagen didn't do alot except grow the nail,only when it did grow it,that awkward configuration you see in pic 2,is basically what I got from using the collagen,growth,jagged but no repair. I wound up  cutting off all of the offensive growth,and here are the makings of a beautiful thumbnail,if I dare say so myself!

this is the same hand,left hand. After another week of T.I.P.S. nail treatment.


Right hand after another week of conditioning! And a another bonus shot of the right hand thumbnail.

I was very surprised this week,because there was alot of recession of the cuticle on this thumbnail. If you were to see full on frontal,like I have this week,you would be amazed and repulsed at the same time.The reason I say repulsed,is because when I noticed the cuticle had receded,my thumbnail looked at least 1/8 of an inch wider than it normally would.I wasn't really going for wider,but to this I would say,"whatever,Mother Nature." You in your ultimate wisdom decided my thumbnail should look like a double-wide trailer,rather than a long beautiful thumbnail.We will continue to plea with Mother Nature and her mercy,and also continue the treatments as prescribed,and remember that "Rome wasn't built in a day!"

Thank you so much for reading.

I also want to thank all of the lovely ladies who contributed their guest posts these past couple of weeks.I really enjoyed them.