Friday, February 24, 2012

Friday's featured blogger

Hello Everyone!

Before I start,I just want to thank Thalie for letting me do a guest post while she is in nail rehab,and I hope it's a quick recovery!

Today I have a rainbow for you!


To get this I started out at the base of my nail and did a swipe of red and before it dried I took my orange and swiped that partially mixed with the red and partially on it's own.I continued doing this all the way to the tip of my nail,one nail at a time.I wanted the polishes to blend a little before they dried to create a sort of tye dye effect.The colors I used were from left to right: China Glaze Vermillion,Sephora by OPI Caliente  Coral, Ardene's Chickita,Sally Hansen's Green With Envy,and Sally Hansen's Blue Me Away. 






It's so bright and fun! Although it completely reminded me of a rainbow I might have painted when I was 5.So the next day I decided to put a twist on it!


I used OPI's Black Shatter on my thumb and pinky and placed small dots of Shatter on my ring finger.I used a nail art brush and Wet n' Wild's Black Creme to draw random lines on my index finger and finally used a striper to create a zig zag pattern on my middle finger.




I love how just adding a bit of black to the rainbow,calms it down and it still looks pretty cool if I do say so myself! What do you guys think? Would you wear this rainbow? Or is it too bright for you? 

Again,thanks to Thalie for having me. 


Note: Click here to visit Stephanie's blog which is called Sincerely Stephanie