Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Not Too Late for a Pink Mani...and the Foil Method

Color Club Foil Me Once

It looks a little sheer maybe? I've had this on for a couple of days. I kind of like it.A nice soft pink foil.It covered in one coat,but I used two. I love the Foiled colors. This is just one of them.

And speaking of foil...I can't help but mention this on here tonight,because I had tried the Foil Method of glitter removal before,with Acetone and I decided to ask some of the ladies in the Facebook group, about using the Foil Method with non-acetone polish remover.I've been on the fence about using my glitter polishes lately,because I don't want to damage the Hardener from my Knockout Nails treatment.

Since using the system,I've found that acetone can damage the layers of hardener,if you immerse your nails in it,like I do with the Sally Hansen Kwik Off. This has been my go to method of removal for most polishes,however,with glitter it's a different story altogether. The other nite,I must have spent an awful lot of time,just removing glitter by soaking cotton ball after ball,and scrubbing my nails viciously until China Glaze Marry a Millionaire was not completely off.I then scrubbed my nails with a toothbrush and hand exfoliating scrub. That did most of it,but gosh,I didn't have to go through all of that!

I also asked my twitter friend @For Me,It Works tonight,who was about to remove a glitter mani,using the very same method.She told me non-acetone works for her!

I performed a little experiment,just to be safe,on one nail.I layered Wet n' Wild It's All in the Cut,and then a layer of China Glaze Marry a Millionaire. After it dried,I soaked a cotton pad in Beauty Secrets non-acetone,wrapped my thumb in foil,waited for about 15 minutes,and woila,my nail was bare,and my hardener from Knockout Nails still intact! Yay!

So,there I learned something new and very valuable and necessary for me.Thank god I was willing to try it,as I would have to give up my entire collection of glitters,and OMG,I am just over the moon for the next batch of glitters to come out in spring the ChinaGlaze Prismatics! Did I say I was going on a no buy for 6 months? Eh...