Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dupety-dupe-dupe-dupe!

So today I took out some nail wheels and swatched all the glitter polishes I've acquired in the past month. I don't post haul photos because I don't want anyone to get any expectations about what I may or may not post on my blog.When I first started blogging in March,I posted a haul photo,and got a comment almost immediately saying," I can't wait to see swatches!" I felt incredibly intimidated,because my camera skills were terrible at the time,and second,I don't really like swatching a whole collection on demand. I know,not much of a people-pleaser,am I? That's just me.

You can call me a slacker,if you want,but that is how I roll. Anyway, as I was swatching to nail wheel,I realized it might be fun to take two,or three,or four of my polishes and layer them over my current mani,which is Accessorize Notorious,one of the polishes I received from Jenni at Gold Speck Nails

Here are the contenders:

Orly Rock Solid,Wet n' Wild Diamond in the Rough,Sally Hansen Gem Crush in Glitz Gal,and China Glaze Some Like It Haute

While Orly Rock Solid,is technically not a glitter,I wanted to see how it's holographic properties held up against the glitter polishes. I was surprised at what I was able to conclude from this comparison.


From left,index Sally Hansen Gem Crush Glitz Gal,middle finger Wet n' Wild Diamond in the Rough,ring finger: China Glaze Some Like It Haute,and pinky: Orly Rock Solid

I am not really sure that these photos do it justice,but I am hoping it will give an idea of what I am comparing. It is truly amazing how all three of the glitters can look exactly alike,and yet there is one that is the absolute stand-out of the three,and it turns out it is the cheapest one! Wet n' Wild Diamond in the Rough is hands down the glitter queen of these three polishes.After applying Sally Hansen Glitz Gal to my index finger,I thought oh well,because I had already applied the WnW to my thumb.Then came China Glaze Some Like It Haute,which I applied to my ring finger,again,meh.

As far as Orly Rock Solid,you can tell that it is terrific layered.Layering it seems to bring it's holo out. When I swatched it on the nail wheel you could tell that there was not much holo about it.It was flat compared to the other three polishes.

So,there you have it. IMHO, Wet n' Wild Diamond in the Rough is the glitterific polish of these dupes.It has the most holographic glitter,and if you can still get your hands on it,I would buy multiple bottles of it,and hoard it like a cheap suit. :-)