Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dr.'s Remedy Jolly & Joy Holiday 2011 Swatches and Review

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who is celebrating today!

I finally had some time to swatch these gorgeous polishes!I must have swatched and reswatched them a couple of times each,except for the glitters.

 I can't even decide which one of the group is my favorite.They are all so pretty and festive-looking,especially the glitters.

First up is ESSENTIAL Emerald


ESSENTIAL Emerald is described as a take on the classic tree and plant-inspired gem of shade,with delicate glimmer and unparalleled amounts of glamour. 
I used two coats for this swatch,and I would definitely describe it as an emerald gem green creme.It took me some time to get used to it,as I am not used to wearing holiday greens. I have to say that after wearing it,I really started to like it alot. It went on really smooth and covered in two coats.

Next up: REVIVE Ruby Red

I absolutely adore this color! It is described as a shimmer-infused Wizard of Oz-inspired shade of crimson.This one also covered in two coats. 

Next for you,I have: PASSION Purple 


This one is described as a bombshell-boysenberry with subtle silver meshed throughout.While I was able to detect the silver in the bottle,I wasn't able to capture it on the nail. This is a very beautiful shade of berry that covered also in two coats.

The final two polishes in this group are glitters.

First is SERENE Silver.


Serene Silver is described as a seasonal sizzler like no other: shine,chic,totally unique in the metallic scene.
Coverage was incredibly easy.One coat would have been enough for me,two coats was fine too,I am showing it at three coats,because I just couldn't get enough of this beautiful mix of bling! This is not just any silver glitter! Throughout the polish, are fine pieces of red and green glitter.It is definitely a scene stealer. I can totally see this one as an accent nail with Essential Emerald. Even alone it is gorgeous.

Finally my favorite of the two glitters is RESOLUTION Red.


RESOLUTION Red is described as a red-meets-copper spin that's sequin-look-alike laden with high-shine and sparkle. I am showing it here at two coats. One coat is actually enough for opacity. To me it appears golden in the bottle with red and copper microglitter. This photo does not do it justice,however,I feel it is the star of this collection!

I have one more thing to say about the glitters.These are truly amazing as far as coverage,formula,and even removal. They go on really smooth,opaque in one coat,and are so much more easy to remove than some of the glitters we've been seeing released for this season.They are truly unique. Dr.'s Remedy should make more of these types of gliters for Spring and Summer. They would totally be a hit,as they are so easy to apply,cover in one coat, and are super easy to remove. KUDOS to Dr.'s Remedy for the glitters in this collection. They rock! 


As a reminder Dr.'s Remedy Nail is having a Black Friday through Cyber Monday sale on all of their polishes on the website. The polishes will be only $14 and you will also get free shipping. Besides ordering online,you may also order by calling 1-877-323-NAIL.Their website is www.remedynails.com


Will you be taking advantage of the sale? How do you like these holiday-inspired colors?


As per my disclosure policy,these polishes were kindly provided to me for review by the good people at Dr.'s Remedy Nail.