Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Dr's Remedy Fall Fever 2011 swatches and review

Today I have some swatches of the Dr.'s Remedy polishes for review. The fall line includes three fierce shades to welcome the crisp fall weather! (This review is a little late,considering I haven't been feeling well for the past couple of days.)

First up is Balance Brick a modern maroon with body and balance.

Although my camera is pulling some pink tones here,the shade is more of  a warm brick red creme. I loved the formula on this one.It was easy to apply,and covered my nails evenly in three coats.Both of these pics were taken in the morning sunlight,however,I believe the one below,even though it's partially shaded shows the truer color of the polish.


Next up is Noble Navy a sea-at-dusk shade that reflects light and brings dimension to tips and toes alike.

I truly love this shade of blue.It's not a vampy blue, like some navys that will appear black in low light or indoors. It's a shade of blue that includes just a tinge of royal blue,that gives it an extra touch of something. It covered in two coats,and again,very easy to apply.

Last of these fierce fall shades is Defense Deep Red,a rich bordeaux with a mystifying matte finish.


My press release described this as a matte finish,however,I am not seeing any matte finish.It is truly the opposite of matte,in that it is has a very shiny and jelly-like quality to it. I used three coats for opacity,and you can still see the translucent jelly quality in these pics.This is not a bad thing. I love jelly polishes,in fact they are one  of my favorite finishes.So wether it is matte or not,is not really an issue for me. The color is a bit on the vampy side of red,in a good way. In real life it does appear darker than in these photos,however,this one was pictured inside my lightbox. (please excuse the little itty black dots you may see---they're little bits of flakie polish that would not come off my nail from a previous manicure,and I actually thought that I could hide them beneath this gorgeous burgundy polish!)

I do have a favorite in this group.It's the blue one.It is a take on navy that is truly unique,and I believe I will find myself wearing this polish throughout the fall and winter season.

Which one of these is your favorite? Have you tried Dr.'s Remedy polishes? If you have,do you like them?





These polishes were kindly provided to me for review by the good people at Dr.'s Remedy Nail www.remedynails.com