Tuesday, November 1, 2011

30 Days of Untrieds-Day 1

Starting today,and throughout the month of November,  I will be joining Nailed to the T and several other bloggers in a 30 day challenge of going through our untried polishes. 


So to begin my 30 days of untried polishes,I have picked OPI's You Don't Know Jacques Suede! 

it's not that long ago they came out,however,this one and the other one I have OPI Lincoln Park After Dark Suede have been in my untrieds since I bought them a couple of years ago. 
I took this photo outdoors in the shade.I used three coats for opacity. I never did like the original You Don't Know Jacques,and I don't really like those types of colors at all,however, there is something about the Suede polishes that makes them extra pretty. I thought it would look even prettier with top coat,but as it turns out,I did apply top coat,and found it didn't really do a whole lot for the look.Then I realized the directions on the little label,says "do not apply top coat". It also says top coat would look good on tips only. Well,if my nails were longer,I might have done that,but I like it just the way it looks in this photo. 

What do you think? Do you like Suede/Matte polish? Which brands/colors do you like/dislike? 

Will you be participating in the challenge? 

here is a list of  bloggers that I know are participating,you might want to check out their blogs too! 

 Jamie  at Nails Adored 
Shaina  at Haute Lacquer 
Nory  at Fierce Makeup and Nails
Carly  at Lacquered Lover 
Jackie  at Adventures in Acetone 
Sarah  at Lucky Lacquers 
Alyssa  at Always Polished
Rachel  at CherryGlamGirl
Caroline  at Good Lack, Nail! 
Caitlin  at Something Creative...
Ashley  at Follow the Yellow Polished Road 
Amber  at The Polished Momma 
Andrea  at Addicted to The Allure Of Beauty
 Alexandria  at Je T'aime Lacquer 
Caroline  at Shadow's Nail art
Chelsea  at Pretty and Polished 
Ingie at LimitedAddictionNails 
Lindsey  at Nailtopia 


Edited: To include links.