BODYAMI - Q&A with founder & creator, Beverly Parenti
1/ Is apple cider vinegar a natural and organic product? What is in BodyAmi?
Yes, our products are all natural, certified organic by CCOF. All flavors are a blend of unpasteurized, unfiltered apple cider vinegar, honey, and one or more fruit juices. We source organic juices or juice concentrates where available, but the certification process is more difficult for imported juices.
2/ How can BodyAmi improve my health, appearance and immune system?
We don't make product claims in regards to improved health, appearance or immune system. However, vinegar, one of the world's first medicines, is known to promote healthy digestion, increase metabolism, fight bacteria, and boost the immune system.
More info here: http://www.bodyami.com/frequently-asked-questionsand here http://www.bodyami.com/benefits-apple-cider-vinegar
Apple Cider Vinegar has been used as a health remedy for centuries for its many therapeutic properties. The naturally occurring compounds can potentially improve general health and boost immunity. It's one of the best natural remedies for digestion, elimination and acid reflux. It is a natural bacteria-fighting agent that can break down and eliminate fatty, toxic deposits within the body...
3/ How often should I take BodyAmi?
We drink BodyAmi first thing each morning. We mix 1TBSP with 8oz. water. We also have an afternoon "Royal Treatment", which was created by one of our loyal customers. It's a mix of 1TBSP with flavored sparkling water. It's delicious.
4/ Are there any contraindications for taking BodyAmi?
(These contraindications apply to all Apple Cider Vinegar.)
Risks and Concerns
There are no major known side effects of Apple Cider Vinegar when used in moderation. Consult your physician before using if you take any prescribed medication including but not limited to diabetes, blood pressure, or potassium-lowering medication. Use care and monitor results if you have osteoporosis.
5/ Where can I get BodyAmi? Can you ship outside the Bay Area?
Purchase BodyAmi online at www.bodyami.com. We ship anywhere in the US and Canada. For local residents, BodyAmi is available at BonAir Health in Greenbrae.
IMMUNE-BOOSTERS - Super-strengthen your immune system and ward off colds & flu this year!
We received these awesome immune boosting tips from Tamalpais Community Acupuncture in Mill Valley, CA. We're fans, and highly recommend a visit for all you SF Bay Area dwellers! Wonderful acupuncture treatments for just $35... More info HERE.
1. Alkalize your body. Lemon is the ideal food for restoring acid-alkali balance. Drinking freshly squeezed lemon juice in water, or adding it to tea, salad dressings (in place of vinegar), baking or cooking, helps maintain the body's internal climate at a pH level which supports healthy bacteria instead of the viruses and harmful bacteria which thrive in more acidic environments. Apple cider vinegar is another great way to improve your body's alkalinity.
2. Give your body an herbal boost. Hundreds of herbal supplements and tinctures exist to give the immune system additional support during the winter. Fresh herbs and whole food remedies are always preferable, since your body can absorb more of their value.
3. Get a full night's sleep. Everybody's different: your body may need anywhere from 6 to 10 hours of sleep each night. Whatever your personal sleep requirement is, get it! Sleep has been linked to balanced hormone levels (including human growth hormone and the stress hormone cortisol), keeping weight down, clear thinking and reasoning, improved mood, and vibrant, healthy skin.
4. Eat plenty of protein. Protein is a building block for a healthy body, mind, and immune system. Diets low in protein tend to be high in carbohydrates, which spike blood sugar and stress the immune system.
5. Reduce or eliminate coffee. Contrary to recent marketing as a source of antioxidants, chocolate and coffee are two of the worst things you can do for your immune system. Not only does caffeine rob your body of minerals and vitamins, it also dehydrates you. If you drink coffee, make sure you add an additional two glasses to your water intake per cup of coffee.
6. Kick the sugar habit. This is an important one. You will see noticeable results in your energy levels, weight distribution, immunity and your ability to think clearly when you break the cravings and stop eating refined sugar. Healthier sugars such as agave and stevia in small amounts are preferable, but avoid artificial sweeteners like aspartame and Splenda - they are even worse than cane sugar.
7. Stock up on raw fruits and vegetables. With their antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, fiber and enzymes, the nutritional content you receive from raw fruits and veggies is unparalleled. Many vitamins like C are antioxidants which protect your cells from environmental toxins. Dark-colored produce (berries, kale, broccoli) tends to be higher in flavonoids, polyphenols and other antioxidants. The perfect source of minerals is seaweed, which is sold dried, but can often be found raw in health food stores.
8. Get regular acupuncture treatments. Acupuncture creates the release of your body's own chemicals (neurotransmitters and neuro-hormones) that affect immune reactions and regulation of blood pressure, blood flow, and body temperature. Scheduling regular acupuncture visits can provide you with strength and vitality to boost your immune system and prevent disease.
9. Spend time out in the cold. Exercise can make a noticeable difference to your health and happiness by releasing endorphins. Most of us spend 90% of our lives indoors, inhaling dubiously filtered air and other people's germs, so take every opportunity to get outside. Time spent outdoors in the cold also stimulates the thyroid gland.
10 . Nurture yourself! Make sure you take time to yourself, spend some time with friends, and indulge in a massage, a hot bath, or an energy work session when you want one. Our bodies respond to our emotions - if you're feeling overwhelmed and anxious, it can manifest in a sore throat or a cold. Create a space within yourself and your living environment for harmony, love and joy. When you're happy, you're far less likely to get sick!