Friday, August 26, 2011

Dr.'s Remedy Hot,hot shades for Summer swatches and review

Self Defense against the toxic chemicals found in traditional nail polishes.

Dr.'s Remedy Enriched Nail Polish...

Is a fairly new nail polish on the block,3-free and enriched with tea tree oil,garlic bulb extract,wheat protein,and Vitamins C and E.
Podiatrist developed for the healthy,beautiful nails that you want!



The first polish I tried from this wonderful brand is called Tranquil Tangerine. I immediately fell in love with this color. I used two coats for opacity on this one. Tranquil Tangerine is a golden orange-colored polish. I don't normally like orange as a rule,however,the shimmer of gold in this one,is what drew me in. It is so beautiful. It reminds me of Zoya's Tanzy,but without the glitter.










 this is Glee Gold. I found it to be very sheer even after two coats,however, I love a good layering polish,and this is one I think will be good for layering.


this is Lovely Lavender, a perfect gray-purple. It has just the right amount of gray in it for it to be wearable for me. I did two coats with this one,the formula is excellent,and I can definitely see myself wearing this during the autumnal season.


And now for my absolute favorite of the bunch,Bold Baby Blue.This says alot,since I am not a big blue nail polish fan. Most blues do not look nice on me.This is two coats,and it's a medium baby blue with a silver shimmer.After wearing it for a couple of days,I suddenly remembered what the color reminded me of,the Alaska state flower,the Forget-Me-Not.


And lastly the least favorite of the bunch,Nurture Nude Pink. I was really disappointed with this polish. I tried twice to get good swatches of it,but on both occasions it came out streaky. I used three coats,and still was streaky and not opaque,and did not even out,even with a topcoat. It is sad,because if you have been reading my blog for long,you know I love nude polishes. Still you can see the pink in it. That is evident in the photo.

Overall,these are great polishes. All of them were two coaters for me,although for those of you with more active length nails,three coats would work better.The formulation is also great.

Dr.'s Remedy polishes come in 26 different shades,including top coat and base coat,and are available online at http://www.remedynails.com/



(These polishes were sent to me for review.)