Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shabby Chic


Hello again! It's been a whole week since I posted a mani! I loved my last crackle mani  so much, I couldn't take it off, because I couldn't stop staring at the crackle effect.To me, it was mesmerizing! LOL!

Here is China Glaze Swing Baby from the Vintage Vixen collection. It's a pinky gold foil that took only two coats for opacity. Notice the rubber band around the bottle top. I have not opened this bottle until today, and one of my friends from the PAA group gave me the best advice for opening polish bottles that are closed too tightly. The rubber band trick works like a charm!

And here is China Glaze Lightning Bolt over Swing Baby. I used a coat of Gelous to smooth it out,and then inm OutTheDoor topcoat. This photo was taken with my lightbox because  
we had a beautiful mid-afternoon thunderstorm today,which made taking photos a bit tricky. However, I am very grateful to be blessed by the rain,since it's been extremely hot here in Texas,and the rain had a wonderful cooling effect. My cats even had fun running back and forth out on the porch and back during the downpour.

I hope you don't mind looking at my nubbins today. :-D.  I finally removed the artificial nails,and decided to take a few days break before applying another set of nails.