Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Crackle Comparison

Hello again! I hope you are enjoying a happy almost end of the week. Today I have a comparison of two crackle polishes,one is Sally Hansen Crackle Overcoat in Antiqued Gold,the other is China Glaze Cracked Metals in Tarnished Gold.

Can you tell which is which?

I applied the Sally Hansen to the pink and middle fingers,and the China Glaze to my index and ring fingers.

First of all,Sally Hansen's Crackle Overcoat,went on so sheer. Although I was pleased with the way it cracked, I think the China Glaze cracked better.

Second the two colors are not at all alike. Antiqued Gold is a much cooler gold,almost silver looking in this photo, and China Glaze Tarnished Gold is a warm more yellow gold. As I said I thought the China Glaze cracked better,and since I wanted you to see how pretty it looks, I did not apply top coat to either crackle. I love the way Tarnished Gold looks even without top coat,the Sally Hansen,not so much. I may be returning it to Walgreens.

That's it for today's post. I hope you enjoyed it,and take care.